Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Non-Update Update

I really don't have anything to update because I haven't run since my last post. I've had some issues, not much health wise, but more work wise. Work has been stressful, causing some anxiety for me. It has kind of drained me and I found myself in a bit of a funk. I know that exercise, running in particular, can help with that, but the motivation just hasn't been there. I've felt so tired that some nights I have actually crawled into bed before it even got dark. It's pretty bad when I stay home from work sick but I spent almost the entire day working! The only time I wasn't working that day was the few hours I was at the doctor's office.

One positive thing that's happened is that I started the allergy shots. I go twice a week on my lunch break. I'll have to do this for at least ten weeks then once a week for several months. I've only had two injections, but so far so good.

Even though I haven't felt like posting or running, I've been trying to keep up with all of the bloggers that I follow. If someone mentions another blog, I go check it out too. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people out here in blog land. Some of them make me laugh, others make me cry, but all are inspirational. I just wish I lived closer to some of you; it would be easier to stay motivated, or at least to get back on track. It seems there aren't many bloggers from Nebraska.

Anyway, here's hoping I get out of this funk soon and find my motivation again.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Love your new header pic! Now, you need to get both running shoes on if you want to get back to running ;)

Amy said...

Don't worry - there aren't any other running bloggers here in Belgium either! Looking forward to hearing about your next run...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your heartfelt comment. It really means a lot to me when someone connects to what I write on such a deep level. It's why I write.
I know it can be so hard to get going on a new running program and so easy to find reasons not to run. When I started 2 1/2 years ago I could barely run one kilometer and I had not been active in years. When you feel that way just dial your expectations down a notch, they are the true motivation killers. Tell yourself you will go for a brisk walk instead and if you break into a jog for a few minutes great, if not at least you got some air and some exercise. Be good to yourself.

Anne said...

Check this out! ...very cool :)

http://www.physicaltherapyassistantschools.org/50-best-blogs-for-serious-runners/

Anne said...

About the above link...check number 11 :)

ajh said...

Just found your blog through the list ANne is mentioning above! Good job making the list! I am also an over 50 runner!