Wow! I’ve received my first blogger award – The Versatile Blogger! I’d like to thank my manager, my agent, my producer – but I especially want to thank AJH at Age Groups Rock for bestowing this award on me.
My first thought was “how on earth am I going to think of seven tidbits about myself that would be of interest to all of you”. Then I realized they don’t have to be profound, or intense or even humorous. They just have to be – me.
Seven things about me:
1. I went to Jamaica for eight days a few years ago for my daughter’s wedding. I actually came home with a tan! I’m fair skinned, so I always burn. I loved Jamaica!
2. I love hiking. Last Sunday I went on a two hour hike with one of the local hiking groups in my town. The trail we took is listed as difficult. It had a lot of steep hills and a lot of ticks. The temperature was 85 degrees. The heat and hike pretty much wiped me out for the rest of the day.
3. I bought my grandson all of the Harry Potter books and videos. I have to confess, I bought myself a set too. I really enjoyed that series.
4. I love music from the 1940’s (Dean Martin, Glenn Miller and his orchestra) up through current(Nickelback, Lady GaGa). I frequently switch between radio stations when I’m in my car.
5. I took ballroom, country and swing dance lessons many years ago. And I’m still looking for a guy that can dance!
6. I bought my first house a year ago at the age of 53. I did own a house with my ex, but we’ve been divorced for almost thirty years, so I’m considered a first time home owner.
7. I love sitting on my deck in the evening as it gets dark, listening to the different bird sounds, the hum of traffic in the distance and the water flowing in the creek behind my house while the insects dive-bomb my computer screen (which is what they’re doing right now) .
I’m suppose to present this award to other new (or not so new) bloggers. But, since I’m pretty new myself and so far most, if not all, of the bloggers I follow have been blogging for quite a while and already have this award, I don’t know who to pass it on to.
Now for my running update since my last run with the running group. Here’s a brief synopsis of my week – I ran some, hiked once, mowed a few times (hard work!) and worked lots.
Wednesday night I ran with the group again and once more I had a great time. This time I brought Little Red (my Garmin) with me so I was the time keeper. The only problem was I had the workout set up for a total of 30 minutes but we weren’t back at the starting point by then so I just hit the lap counter and went for another 10 minutes for a total of almost four miles. We’re the newby slow runners, so it definitely takes us longer to go out and back, but everyone waits for us to return and we just hang around and chat for a while. It’s a really great time.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!
Beach Trip to Duck: Part II
15 hours ago