Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunshine and Sickies

The weather here has been great! This past weekend it got up into the low 60's with lots of sun. Yesterday and today the temps have been in the mid to upper 50's and more sunshine. A lot of the snow and ice have melted. Great running weather!

My plan was to get outside and run as much as possible but ... you guessed it. I got sick. Last week my boss had a horrific cold but she came into work anyway. By mid day Thursday it got me. I was miserable by 5:00 and didn't make it into work Friday.  I had the usual cold symptoms but started running a fever of 100* but kept it down by taking Tylenol. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have a sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis. She put me on a very strong (and very expensive) antibiotic that I take one a day for five days. We want to keep it from turning into pneumonia like it did last year.

So, I haven't done any running since last Wednesday. I was doing pretty well at increasing my mileage. I did go for a few short walks around my neighborhood on Sunday and today, so I at least got to enjoy the great weather a little.

My mileage for last week was:
   Monday - 3.4
   Wednesday - 4.13

I'm sure I'll be feeling well enough to run again by next week. I hope all of you are healthy and manage to side-step the sickies.

2 comments:

ajh said...

Yuck! You got it all! Get better.

Karen said...

Hope you are feeling better Pat and back out running.We are in the midst of our long hot Summer so running hard and long is difficult right now. Managing between 30 to 40 km per week but its just so hot and humid that I end up feeling nauseous.